Date(s) - 09/09/2022
9:00 am - 2:30 pm
Living with Children Evaluations: Forensic Considerations and Practice
Presented by: Zachary Yeoman, Psy.D, NJ Lic. 5463
9:00am – 2:30pm
5 Clinical Social Work CEUs and 5 Psychology CEs available
This presentation will provide a comprehensive analysis of the factors to consider when conducting what is commonly referred to as living with children evaluations. We will review the following: the current legal standard for allowing individuals who commit sexual offenses (ICSO) to reside with a minor child, how to apply the legal standard in the evaluation process, the main factors to consider when conducting a living with children evaluation (e.g., risk aggravating factors), performing the evaluation, writing the report, and the limitations to the forensic opinions that can be provided.
Zachary Yeoman is a clinical and forensic psychologist licensed in New Jersey and New York. He conducts forensic and psychological evaluations and provides expert testimony and training on various psycholegal issues, including living with children evaluations, risk assessments, and treatment ICSO. He has co-authored articles and chapters related to the assessment and treatment of ICSO.
Education: BA (Psychology), Skidmore College; MA and Psy.D (Clinical Psychology with a forensic minor), The Illinois School of Professional Psychology
Training Goals and Objectives
1) Describe the legal standard for living with children evaluations and its challenges for forensic evaluators.
2) Apply the legal standard to the living with children evaluation considering those challenges.
3) Identify four main factors to consider when conducting a living with children evaluation.
4) Describe how to conduct the evaluation and write the report.
5) Explain the limitations to the forensic opinions that can be provided.
– NJATSA Member (Individual or Agency) with no CE/CEUs: Free
– NJATSA Member with 5 CE/CEUs: $30
– Non-Member with no CE/CEUs: $10
– Non-Member with 5 CE/CEUs: $45
Zoom link will be emailed to all registrants on the evening of 9/8/22.
** Certificate of Attendance available upon request **
Bookings are closed for this event.